Sunday, March 25, 2007

Welcome to East Africa


Leaving Karachi

So finally after many ifs and buts it is decided that I have to go to Uganda to meet some our clients and see what are the actual problems they are facing.

So the journey starts at around 2 AM 25th of January 2007 (just to tell you all this is my first international flight)

I reached Karachi airport at around 0230 as I have to catch the flight at 0530, I entered the departure area, had baggage screened and then went for boarding pass (I got that after around 30 minutes wait as some ladies were there with lots of things and they are not willing to leave anything behind and having discussion with the attendant there on how to take all they have without paying any money ;)).

I reached to Lounge after passing through a jumma bazaar (they call it duty free also).


Anyways I pass that and reached to the lounge and then wait starts, there is almost 2 hours in flight and I am hungry, Lets eat something yes there is McDonald's (i learned an interesting thing about McDonald's that they have runners from departure lounge to Main Branch in Airport parking for food),

At around 0430 they started doing arrangements for boarding, we get into the plane, and soon it departed for its destination (i.e. Dubai),


Dubai Airport

After a flight of 1 hour and 45 minutes we landed in Dubai. I had to catch my next flight in about 1 hour 25 min, It was my first visit to dubai airport and had no idea about the size of airport. We start walking and after walking almost a kilometer we reached a place where people were in row passing through security check for next flight departure It was like people were clearing for security :D in Dubai.


By the time I reach to my gate for boarding to next flight only 10 minutes left for flight, I got lucky :)

The next flight is heading Entebbe (Uganda) via Addis Ababa.


In East Africa

It was a long flight after almost 5 hours flight we reach Addis Ababa (not our final destination) it is a nice green and clean airport, with many Ethiopian airline planes lined up. After staying for around 1.5 hours we left for our final destination Entebbe. Now we are about to land, all I see were greenery everywhere and suddenly plane landed on air strip.



Final Destination

After about 1 hour flight we landed on airport of Entebbe (UGANDA), as we lined up in the immigration area of airport there was a big army officer with a big German shepherd dog sniffing through luggage that was scared me a bit (but nothing went wrong) and after paying 30 USD visa fee and some interrogation by the officer (as I got green Passport) I was allowed to enter, I got my luggage and about to pass through the custom counter I passed through the green channel had a checking by narcotics guys and fortunately after about 5 minutes of interrogation he let me go, and now I am in Entebbe Uganda, waiting for my ride to Kampala where I will be staying.



More Later :)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.